Friday, July 2, 2010

Seattle Rock and Roll Marathon

Last weekend 8 people (Wyatt's Warriors) participated in the Seattle Rock and Roll 1/2 & full marathon. We raised over $7800.00 for Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy. We talked to other racers along the way bragging about Wyatt and educating people on PPMD and Duchenne MD, especially. It was a humbling experience, in fact, I cried when I walked across the start line. So much has happened to our family in the last 18 months, that I guess it all hit me, that I was there walking 13 miles because I have a sick kid. A kid and thousands like him, who need reseach money to give them a better life. I was amazed by people wishing us well, offering to pray for Wyatt, etc.

A speical thanks to Keith and Alisa Partington
Shylah & Jaime Guzman
Cass Richards
Bill Staffenhagen

Without their fundraising efforts and participation in the race, we would have never raised so much money. I'm honored to have each and everyone of them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment